Pages

Feb 16, 2011

Kitchen Spa!

It's a snowy day and my hands are a bit wrecked. I hate how they look like granny hands! So, I pampered them with two kitchen spa recipes.

First one is a simple milk bath :) Milk has lactic acid which acts as an exfoliant. It basically dissolves the "glue" that binds dead cells to living skin cells. Usually I use powdered milk because it stores easier, but all I had was condensed today.


Just mix it in warm-to-hot water and soak for about five minutes. Don't use soymilk - you have to go with regular cows milk for the lactic acid. 

After the milk bath I used an easy sugar scrub recipe from kitchen ingredients. You take a Tupperware and put in sugar (I used brown because it smells so yummy, but regular white will do). Then add oil until it becomes a slushy consistency. All I had was vegetable oil, but olive oil works a little better. If you want to get real fancy, you can use almond oil.





Then add some drops of essential oil. I put in orange extract today. Yummy :)





Voila, sugar scrub! After soaking my hands in their milk bath, I scrubbed off all the dry, dead skin with the scrub. The oil leaves hands soft, but you can moisturize afterward for extra smoothness :)

Shynk!

No comments:

Post a Comment