Pages

Feb 18, 2011

Fixing the Damage

I'm still growing out my damaged nails and it takes time, but you can see they are already growing out nicely.






Some things I am doing to help: keeping the cuticles healthy with daily moisturizing, filing the nails gently and keeping them short, and applying a strengthener.

I was using Nutra Nails and it worked fairly well, but I switched to Orly Nail Armor because it truly makes my nails so much stronger!




I also apply a protein bonder first because the damaged part of the nail is so weak and thin that anything applied to it will bend and chip off.


Protein bonder is supposed to be for nail enhancements like acrylics - it helps bond the acrylic to natural nails - but it really makes your polish or treatment stick.  You rarely get chips if you use the protein bonder first.  It's expensive though, around $10 for this little bottle. 

Shynk!

No comments:

Post a Comment